Monday, August 11, 2014

The Floors

When you are renovating on a budget, it makes things a bit more challenging.  At one point, I was willing to paint my sub-floors and cover them with some cheap area rugs.  Do you know why I was willing to do this? Because my boys wanted a quad.  I was willing to sacrifice for my kids... and any mother reading this will understand that and any man reading this is thinking, "What's wrong with painted (or unpainted) sub-floors?"

I'm glad to say that we did not paint the sub-floors...

Day #1...

We started in the kitchen so that we could hang the upper cabinets...  I couldn't wait to see the new cabinets against the new floor, so I had Eric haul one up.


The orange you see is the floor muffler.  It's hard to believe that this thin stuff can make such a difference!  The dogs nails on the sub-floor at 6AM woke the whole house up.


Barb and I laid most of the floor while Eric was the cutting man!  This floor just snaps into place and was easy to work with.



End of day 1, we were able to eat at our table.  First time since we bought the place!  This picture look like the place is almost done...


This picture shows the truth!


Day #2...

Uppers are hung and the lowers are just set in place.  We are still waiting on one more cabinet.




Make shift knee-pads.  Of course, Barb and I came up with this idea AFTER Day 1 and our knees were already purple! 


End of Day 2.



Oh my, look we have furniture!  We've been sitting on camp chairs because they were easy to move.  No need to bring in heavy furniture...






1 comment: